Thursday, January 7, 2010

Clear Ceiling Fan Trying To Install A Ceiling Fan, No “Ground Wire” In The Old Light Fixture. 30+ Year Old Building. HELP!?

Trying to install a Ceiling Fan, no "Ground Wire" in the old light fixture. 30+ year old building. HELP!? - clear ceiling fan

Please note here with me, I express things just to make sure that I be clear,

Long story short, had installed a light on the roof of my room.

I wanted to replace a small fan.

I bought a small fan with light.

I took the lamp and discovered that "white" Cable "Blue" cable, but not "green" ground wire.

I contacted a friend who knows something about electricity, and investigate whether it is possible to add a field, but he said that a ground wire is not intended to be performed, the work of installing the lamp in the first * half of thirst and lack of land could be dangerous.

I am in the central department / floor an apartment with 3 so I can not add a ground wire when I thought, I'm SOL beginning and end, perhaps nothing at all with ... Because I assure you that I set fire to new wireless world!

So my questions are:

1. Can a 30 "Ceiling fans without ground wire, or dangerous?
2. Can I run a ground wire myself in an apartment that only you can access from below?

Please just use words or link my help, because I'm completely out of my element.

Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

kevinb said...

When food is in your building by the canal, which serves as the basis for the electrical system. So, if you hang your fan support is a metallic green ground screw to the fan can be attached ground wire thats thats in this way through the bracket holding the fan, that the maps of the electrical floor box fan fan son of the soil. In addition, a small fan that weighs no more than 35 books, including most standard electrical boxes and rings of plasterboard are authorized. must

jerry_66... said...

You need a grounding cable to protect urself from electric shock. If you touch it while it is activated, or losing. But somebody like a little kid going to play. Not only can you unscrew the earth in a field, with the exception itselg is based on the case. metallic or not. better to dispense with a fan or hire someone to wire to secure.

Post a Comment