Sunday, January 3, 2010

Aluminum Gooseneck Trailers Can The Weight Of Snow Damage An Aluminum Horse Trailer's Roof?

Can the weight of snow damage an aluminum horse trailer's roof? - aluminum gooseneck trailers

This summer I bought a Featherlite aluminum trailer 3 horse gooseneck. It has never occurred to me that had belonged to worry about it structurally with snow, until a neighbor, a follower Aluminum Sundowner told me that his story.She, said that several years ago went into her horse trailer in the winter to get a piece of direction and could not find the doors close properly. If it is determined that they have found the weight of snow on the roof, was something to penetrate the walls, where the problem with the doors.
I've always owned steel before the trailer and the accumulation of snow is a problem. Here is my question? If one had problems with snow damage to your aluminum trailer? If so, what is the solution? I have not put a space in the interior. And grubbing and the snow will be difficult, because it is very high. Is this a superstition, or lead a reasonable amount of snow problems? I live in Alberta, Canada, where we can be very cold, but often accumlation our total snow under a foot or TWor with the winter wind, snow collecting on roofs rarely achieved.
Thank you for your advice.

2 comments:

kumst said...

If there is enough snow. The snow is deceptively heavy load can cause damage to trailers. The roofs of the trailers is not heavy weight, they need to gain weight with the roof in order to strengthen the floor in order to carry more weight to resist.

Even the supporters will lose structural rigidity when the doors are open if you so much snow on the roof can clearly see that before the doors open. I saw the roof collapse, when someone opened the door to a utility trailer with a roof made of aluminum and steel from the arrest. This happened only 16 inches of snow on the roof. If less than 8 inches should be no problem.

And the snow weighs about 5 pounds per cubic foot (up to 6 or 7 lbs / cubic feet), so if you can a 16-foot by 8-foot deck with a foot of snow lbs or less on 640th

zephania... said...

I live in an area of high snowfall. We had up to 6 meters in a storm. Above all, the storm broke Barns, Arenas has collapsed ... but I have not heard from someone whose supporters had been damaged. Aluminum trailers are very popular and often stored outside.

Mine is made of steel, I can say with certainty, but I think I have stories and complaints from friends with aluminum trailer heard if there was a problem!

Post a Comment